Monday, September 4, 2017

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ 8/28/17 ~ One Semester Left...

So.... if we were talking in school terms, I have one semester left. 9 weeks.... I think that with each time i realize how little time is left, the more I feel motivated to work harder:) I Really do love being a missionary and all the things that I have learned and keep learning, even though I dont love the constant heat, and sun. President Ruiz sent a letter this week reminding us of the importance of thanking the Lord in all things, and put a quote by english author Auldos Huxley that says that the majority of human beings have an almost infinite capacity to not value things. I think that is so true, and I know that gratitude is one of the most important parts of becoming like our Savior.

This week was great, and we finally felt like we were working hard, but it was a little disheartening because not a single one of our investigators committed to going to church this week. Every single one of them said until next week. Part of being a missionary is realizing that everyone has their agency, and as much as we want people to receive blessings... they are the ones who decide if they receive them.

We had a training from the stake this week on Family history work, and I will be the first to admit that im the worst in that element of church and missionary work. That has always been an achilles heel of mine... but i really admire the people who do it, and hope to one day participate more in it. This week we have been trying to work more with the members and get to know them, and this is honestly the best ward that i have had in my whole mission. They visit the members, they are plenty of young men and young women, WE HAVE A GOSPEL PRINCIPLES TEACHER, and I couldnt be happier to be here. 

Last night, I was reminded of Papa because we went to go visit one of my favorite member families (the couple is older and members of about 30 years and they bicker like Nana and Papa) but we were talking about the importance of understanding church doctrine, and the husband brought out a copy of the book a marvelous work and a wonder and shared a part that talks about how the real conflict in religion is between catholics and mormons. Its either the one or the other. That was exactly what Papa shared with me about 5 years ago. It was a very neat experience and I was happy to remember it. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Jordan Saunooke

No comments:

Post a Comment