Sunday, July 2, 2017

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ 5/1/17 ~ Send Us Someplace Cooler... Like Africa! Part 2

Well we have officially entered into the season of intense heat in Merida. When its a good day its around 104, and the houses absorb all the heat and then at night it all comes out and the house is literally an oven.... but it was a great week! We found 3 families that are seriously chosen to get baptized. We will see if i stay in the area long enough to see the fruits:) On tuesday night we were walking in the street and there was not really a whole lot to do because our appointments had all fallen and one of the strongest impressions to contact a lady that was watching her kids in the street came to me, and it turns out that it is a huge family that we are going to go visit this week and i am super excited!!
President and Sister Ruiz carried out the temple session this morning because all of the zone leaders and the sister trainers were invited to a special temple session on pday and it was my first time in the temple in 11 months. I loved it. I could not be happier. I learned so much this morning and i encourage all of you to attend the temple as frequently as possible. We then had a leadership conference to talk about how we are going to cumplir with the goal of baptizing 25 a week, and we were given the announcement that the area presidency will allow people to get baptized with just three asistencias in the chapel instead of the previously required 5. The quorum of the 12 have great plans for Mexico´s role in the preparation of the second coming of Jesus Christ. 
I have two weeks left in the change and I am excited to work hard! I love you all and I cant wait to see you next week!
Elder Jordan Saunooke

No comments:

Post a Comment