Sunday, July 2, 2017

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ 5/22/17/17 ~ Oldest Missionary!








Hi family!!!!! 
Guess what!? I am officially the oldest missionary in the zone hahaha:) Wow is that weird. First time that has ever happened. This transfer I will finish 6 months in Tanlum and I really hope that I will be able to accomplish something while I am there. 

On Tuesday our ward mission leader Rommel came with us to do a few visits to some investigators we have and it was incredible to see how fast the afternoon goes by as a trio. We spent the whole time laughing and teaching, and before we knew it we had to go to our alineacion de llaves meeting with President Ruiz and President Morales. 

On Friday Rommel and his wife Brenda took us out to lunch to the fancy restaurant where Brenda works as an accountant. It is called the Chaya Maya and to get there we had to go to Centro and we went with Rommel in a bus to meet up with Brenda and this bus was unbelievably crowded. It was almost to the point where it would have been easier to leave through one of the windows than the door of the bus. The food was great though and it was good traditional food of Yucatan. 

On Sunday we helped the missionaries in Motul and Pinos with a missionary activity which involved the choir of Merida and it was the first time my companion and I had ever been to Motul. We were super excited and Bishop Tec took us to the convi site in Merida in his car, and we went to Motul in the convi and were super happy to see the Moto taxis! The Choir was great and sings amazingly and I got to see two members from Kanasin and one of them was Yazumi! I missed seeing her she is so hilarious! President then took us to the stake center in Pinos and we got to hear the choir again. We helped set up a table with pamphlets and Books of Mormon and other stuff to hand out to spark interest in the missionary work. 

When we came back to our area on the bus my comp wanted to take a risk and get off at another area betting that it was going to be faster to get back home, and I didnt believe him, but it turns out he was right and he was bragging all the way home hahahah:) We get along super great and im so glad I got to stay another change with him. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!!

Stay strong Ansley I love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment