Sunday, July 2, 2017

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ 5/15/17 ~ CONFESSION!









So I have a confession to make..... I am terrible at writing in my journal. I used to be really good but ever since I became zone leader the nights are used to verify how the districts are doing, so I am really bad at writing down what happens and it all kind of just blurs together. 

On Friday we had divisiones with the elders of Las Americas and it was a super good day. I went with Elder Salas who just finished the mission this week and we had an afternoon packed of spiritual experiencias. We went and saw a sister who is adventista and has been to church with us one time. We have been trying to help her gain a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and we had a powerful lesson about recognizing revelation through prayer. She finished in tears and I know that she felt the spirit. I then felt prompted to go and see a family that has a 26 year old son that we contacted a long time ago and havent been able to find him again, and we showed up and his parents were in tears. That son we had contacted had chosed to go live with his girlfriend and his parents (of very strong moral values) were heartbroken over this form of rebellion. We had a great lesson helping them to recognize the role of families and how they can have the assurance of an eternal family through the restored gospel. That night we also ordered tortas de pastor and mmmmmmm I love those thingsXD

The next day (Saturday) also went really well and we were able to find a few new investigators. Something that I have realized is that lots of times one person in the family is more receptive to the spirit and wants to go to church, but the other family member is a little more difficult and as a result the family doesnt go and that is sad to see. That night we visited a contact we made the last transfer and were able to speak with his whole family and he was cooking steak and potatoes and it was the first time in 18 months that I ate steak :D

Mother´s Day was so wonderful!! I loved seeing you guys, and wow the family has definitely changed and grown since I left, but you guys are still you:) I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you, and I cant wait til the next phone call home... oh wait the next one is when I see you guys in person hahah;)

We had transfers andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd............ We stayed the same! I think two companions that get along as zone leaders together for 3 transfers with President Ruiz is unheard of, but this will be my fourth transfer in Tanlum. The Lord obviously wants us to baptize together.

Love you all, 
Elder Jordan Saunooke

No comments:

Post a Comment