Monday, December 5, 2016

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ TARZAN?? ~ 10/18/16

Hey everyone!!! Sorry for not writing yesterday. I got my transfer call at 10 on sunday night and spent the next two hours packing. The following morning i got up at 5 to get ready and head out early to arrive at the offices because Hermano Cordova brings the missionaries that have transfers there for free. It is way nicer standing in the back of truck with your luggage than trying to figure out how to fit everything in a terrible bus. 

My new area is the farthest area that exists in the mission. I feel like Tarzan... far from civilization. But its actually really awesome!!! Its modern and its basically like a different world. I am in Escarcega, Campeche. I am so far away from my last area that I am actually closer to Guatamala. My companion is Elder Lopez and he is from Durango. He has 22 months in the mission and we actually have a ton in common. He is an awesome guy and I already know I am going to love this change. We have air conditioning in our house and we used it last night and I froze... I am not used to ac. I seriously feel like this might be my favorite area. I saw the beach yesterday from the bus window and its gorgeous and peaceful. This area has bikes too. We have a pueblo named Libertad that we also visit and so we have two different branches that we will be helping. I have also heard that people here own monkeys and sell them as pets.
On Saturday we baptized a young kid named Carlos and his family that hadnt been to church in years came to the service.  I have really seen many blessings from the mission. When I left my area of Kanasin I had the cell phone overloaded with messages from everyone telling me good luck and they will miss me. Bianca is planning on getting sealed with her husband next summer, and I am so excited to be a part of that. 

I dont know much else to write about this area. I am so sad to know the things that are going on with Ansley. I think about and pray for her every single day. Her name has been in temples all around the spanish speaking hemisphere, from Merida, to Ciudad Juarez, to Guatamala. Keep praying hard, and expect miracles. Love you all tons.
Elder Jordan Saunooke

No comments:

Post a Comment