Monday, December 5, 2016

Elder Jordan Saunooke ~ 11/30/16 ~ I'm a Mission Dad!

Primogenito


Ok welllllll I had an awesome week with Elder Quinto here in Escarcega, Morelos, Libertad, and Division del Norte! Elder Quinto is one of my best friends in the mission and the week went by ridiculously fast. I got to meet someone who makes ice cream cones and it made me feel like i was in the mexican shack version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. He kept speaking in paraboles and it was really funny talking with him because he had reasons for not joining the church and every time i asked him a direct question he answered with a parabole, and for a second I was tempted to laugh as I felt like the scripture when the disciples asked the savior why he always taught in paraboles. I thought man it probably was really confusing for them, I want a straight answer:D

The highlight of the week was definitely seeing a monkey named Max in Division del norte. Elder Quinto and I were just walking in the street and we realized that there was someones pet monkey tied up, and so we contacted to play with the monkey. The lady told us it bites but i won over its friendship, and by the end it was holding my hand, wrapping his tail around my leg, and swinging from Elder Quinto´s rag!
On Sunday it was pretty tiring, but I played the song If the Savior Stood Beside Me in the stake conference to help the choir out, and I couldnt do the whole thing with both hands playing but i still made it sound somewhat decent I hope haha:) We had three sacrament services to attend and i was so ready to hit the bricks that night because i felt exhausted buttttt at 10:15 they gave us the transfer news. Elder Quinto and I were going to Merida leaving at 2:00 am because I am training, and he went to another area. We didnt sleep that night at all, we just packed, showered, ordered some food at 1am, and did a midnight run to the chapel because we had left our suit jackets there!
I am training now, so I am now a mission Dad. My son is from Bolivia, and its a whole different culture and spanish to be honest. It will be a great learning experience for me and if I end up training the whole time of his training I will have around 16 months in the field which is crazzzyyy.
I got the packages and thank you so much!!! i feel spoiled hahaa and now i might need to get rid of some stuff because i have more clothes than Kim Kardashian hahha ok maybe not so much but I am set for a  while now:)
Love you guys a ton and hope you are getting ready to enjoy this Christmas season!!!
Elder Jordan Saunooke

No comments:

Post a Comment